With an umpteen number of travel booking sites in play today, many travellers feel their best bet lies with them. While DIY travel booking can save you a lot of money, because you can choose the cheapest fares for travel and stay, there is a chance of turning your pleasant getaway to a tiresome journey—due to lack of proper guidance.
That is where a travel agent comes in. When looking for the best travel agents Australia is home to, you need to be able to identify what makes them great. Here are a few tips to keep in mind, when looking for a travel agent to plan your next holiday.
What Does A TA Do?
Before you decide on a travel agent or a travel website, it is vital you know what they can help with. A travel agent’s duties include:
- Offering suggestions and advice about a holiday
- Giving you options to choose from
- Researching several accommodation options to present you with
- Plotting out best travel routes
- Organising travel-related documents (visas, insurance, etc)
- Booking stay and travel according to your personal preferences
- Scheduling your stay to include as much as the sights and sounds possible
- Penning down a payment plan
Points To Remember When Choosing Your Agent
- Look for someone who knows what they are doing
Presently, travel agents need not hold a license to be a member of the travel sector. That being said, try as much as possible to find a travel agent who is recognised by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA). If the TA support a national accreditation, such as ATAS Travel Accredited, they would fit the bill perfectly. The reason behind this is, you need someone who isn’t a rookie sorting your travel out. They would have the experience and the know-how to provide you with a well-thought out travel plan.
- Get a travel agent who is flexible
When it comes to travel, nothing is set in stone. There are circumstances where things just pop up, unavoidable situations. In this case, you will need to alter your travel plans a tad bit to accommodate the sudden surprise. A good travel agent won’t let this phase them—they are flexible.
- Remember to divulge what you want out of the travel
If you are looking for a romantic getaway or a fun family holiday, tell your agent. Chances are, they know the best places to go, the perfect time to visit, and the most affordable means of getting there. Some travel agents will even jot down a hypothetical itinerary for their customers, so you can pick and choose the type of holiday you envision having.
Before you take off on your well-earned getaway, ensure you have all that you need for a hassle-free holiday—travel insurance, tickets, and paperwork—if not, your travel agent is just a call away.